Parenting Issues Compilation DVD
Whether you're a Health Visitor or parent looking for help and advice on toddler tantrums, toilet training or getting a child to sleep this educational resource is here to help.
The Parenting Issues Compilation DVD has been put together by the Community Child and Family Mental Health Service at Rotherham PCT to provide practical advice and effective parenting techniques for parents bringing up a young family. The DVD aims to help parents better understand their child’s behaviour and shows how implementing positive parenting skills can improve behaviour and build better family relationships.
The DVD is delivered as a series of 7 short programmes, covering common childhood problems. Each programme follows a family where simple parenting skills such as reflective listening and positive discipline are introduced and explained step by step. Each programme clearly summarises important skills that parents can put into practice in the home.
1. Encouraging Good Behaviour A guide to positively disciplining your child, including practical advice to deal with temper tantrums and naughty behaviour using the attention principle, behaviour diaries and other positive discipline strategies.
2. Meal Time Problems This section aims to make meal time a more positive experience for the family, dealing with a range of meal time problems from refusing to eat, to throwing food. The guide focuses on pre-school children and introduces meal time activities and routines to overcome these problems.
3. Sleeping Problems This section provides advice and effective parenting strategies to deal with common sleep problems from night time awakening to nightmares. Parenting strategies for infants and older children are dealt with separately.
4. Toilet Training The aim of this section is to provide useful, fun and effective ideas to help children master toilet skills. The guide provides information and advice on when to start toilet training and step by step stages to work towards a child’s independency.
5. Reducing Holiday Stress Whether you're staying at home, heading for the coast or hopping on a plane, this section provides useful tips and advice on how to plan ahead and make the most of your family summer holidays without all the stress.
6. Separation and Divorce An informative guide for parents who are separating or divorcing, with information focused upon the practical and emotional effects upon children and ways to help both children and parents cope with the change.
7. Post-natal Depression This section helps to identify the important signs, symptoms and emotions that can experienced during postnatal depression. It provides practical help and advice on how to deal with postnatal depression and information on the support available.
Please note that VAT is applicable to this product. Single copies of the DVD can be ordered through this site; for multiple copies of the DVD please contact Medipex at firstname.lastname@example.org.