Radiotherapy Book - Principles to Practice - Second Edition
This second edition of Radiotherapy: Principles to Practice has been fully revised to include new technology and latest practices in radiotherapy and now includes a CD featuring video clips to illustrate techniques.
Radiotherapy Manual for Quality in Treatment Delivery
Author: Sue E. Griffiths
This second edition of Radiotherapy: Principles to Practice has been fully revised to include new technology and latest practices in radiotherapy and now includes a CD featuring video clips to illustrate techniques. This book provides a comprehensive foundation in all aspects of radiotherapy treatment delivery as well as highlighting current quality assurance and technique issues for each aspect of therapy.
The book has been revised by a highly experienced therapeutic radiographer with emphasis on the need to relate theory to practice. The structure and content of the book provides both a valuable learning resource and a practical working manual.
Students of radiotherapy and qualified staff will find this book indispensable for their needs. This book will also be invaluable to all members of the multidisciplinary team concerned with the safe planning and delivery of radiotherapy treatment.
- The essential theory of physics and oncology is related to technical practice within the radiotherapy department.
- Latest radiotherapy equipment in current use and its applications are described and explained.
- CD featuring video clip illustrations.
- Quality assurance issues are covered for each topic.
- Differing setting up techniques for treatment of different body sites are compared and evaluated.
- Line drawing and photographs supplement textual information.
- References and further reading lists for each chapter assist additional study